A summer attraction, especially for families with children, are the rope courses. In Podhale there are a lot of place of this type, so without any problems we can choose a right course adjusted to our possibilities.
- Rope course Złota Grań in Zakopane - about 10 km
- Rope course, amusement park Spiska Kraina in Niedzica - about 25 km
- Rope course Gu Gu park in Zakopanem - about 10 km
Parrot house in Zakopane
Recently very popular has become the Papugarnia Egzotyczne Zakopane. It is a great place for people travelling alone, the organised groups and families with children.
- Parrot house in Zakopane - about 10 km
Fot: Papugarnia Egzotyczne Zakopane
Quad trips in Podhale
In order to see the most beautiful routes in Podhale in an unusual way it is worth trying the quad trips. You can choose from the routes for beginners and the advanced.
Gubałówka – magical views
Gubałówka is one of the obligatory places to visit in Podhale. On the top you can see the wonderful views, e.g. panorama of Zakopane.
- Gubałówkav Polish Cableway - about 10 km
Fot: Polskie Koleje Linowe
Thermal pools in Podhale
In summer it is worth visiting the geothermal bathing sites with the mineralised water. The guests can also use the slides, volleyball pitches, inns and deckchair rentals.
- Chochołowskie thermas in Chochołów - about 20 km
- Gorący Potok thermas in Szaflary - about 5 km
- Bukovina thermas in Bukowina Tatrzańska - about 10 km
Fot: Termy Chochołowskie
Obligatory rafting down Dunajec river
From April the rafting down Dunajec is organized. For this purpose you can choose pontoon, rafting in which gives you plenty of adrenaline.
- The Polish Association of Rafters in Pieniny in Sromowce Wyżne - about 35 km
- Three Crowns Rafting down in Sromowce Wyżne - about 35 km
Obligatory event in Zakopane
In August the International Festival of Highland Folklore is organized. In this time you can participate in events, competitions or workshops completely for free
- International Festival of Mountainous Highland in Zakopene - about 10 km
Hiking in the Polish Tatra mountain
It is necessary to go hiking on different hiking trails. You can choose from those of different levels of complexity – the most popular are the Red Trail and the Blue Trail.
Cycling trainings, riding around Podhale
The lovers of cycling surely will be happy with the fact that in Podhale there are a lot of cycle routes. An additional value is the vast panorama of the Tatra mountains.
- Bike rentals My Bike City in Nowy Targ and Chochołów
- Bike rental Malczewski Sport in Zakopane - about 10 km
History, monuments, sightseeing
Podhale is full of monuments worth seeing. They include a church of St. John the Baptist, Orawa’s Ethnographic Park. Tetmajers’ Court, Tischnerówka, Niedzica Castle and many more.
Some useful links:
- polskieszlaki.pl tourist attractions
- topodhale.pl guide for Podhale
- regiontatry.pl attractions in Zakopane
- infotatry.com TOURIST ATTRACTIONS in Podhale and in the Tatra mountains
- wakacjezdzieckiem.pl tourist attractions for children in Tatra and Podhale
- orawa.eu Museum – Orawa’s Ethnographic Park Zubrzyca Górna